Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Calling as a Secular Discalced Carmelite

Often times I wonder why I ever became one, I never thought that after these years I will again come face to face with a vocation that I almost had, but was never given.

Yet, here I am again, facing it for the second time.

I really wonder If I was wrong when I believed that never was I called in a religious life?
I guess not, God do work in many mysterious ways that often times, is really very hard to grasp. Or is it?

But can anyone blame me if I start asking, what would have been my life if I have decided the other way around?

... I would have been a Priest by now, with my own Parish, with people to serve upon to... that is, if in between, I would not have chosen to leave before I could even be ordained.

But what if I did pursue what I thought to be my calling at that time and indeed was ordained?
... I will never would have met my wife, and I'll never ever have Miguel, that's for sure.

But here I am, after many passing years, called again to face another calling, a calling not to be a Priest and a father to all, but to be a father to a small family. The very root of society.

I guess that's the reason why it was never given to me, because someday I will be called again, not to be the father to many, but simply to be a father to a small one, not to change the world nor society, but to raise one.

My calling as a Secular Discalced Carmelite is not to change the world, but to become the catalyst of a new world.  Hopeful that through Miguel and his generation, they could change the world.

--Jov of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, OCDS

No comments:

Recent Posts

Disclaimer

Articles written in this blog, unless otherwise sourced, is the sole opinion of the writer and does not carry nor imply the opinion of the Entire order of Carmel, the Vatican nor the Universal Church. With this, all my personal writings, I hereby subject to correction by the teaching Authority of the Catholic Church, the keeper and Authority on Divine Revelations.

The Bread of Life Catholic Webring