Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wi-fi Anyone?

More than a month ago, my boss asked me to study the possibility and the amount that would be needed to make our Institution a wi-fi enabled facility.

Although during those times wi-fi has already been around for a long-long while and is no longer new to me, frankly speaking, I never really had any Idea how to incorporate and deploy the system within our internal networks.

Luckily for me, a client of ours asked me to do the same, and in less than a week I was able to request a test unit and try a test configuration and temporary deployment.

To my surprise, the set-up in itself was really easy and the only thing that I really needed to do was to reconfigure a setting or two, open a port on our firewall and there it goes.

Well, with plug and play technology nowadays, I really wonder for how much longer will a network system technician be of any use in the future?

I guess, a retraining is not really a bad idea...hehehehe.

No comments:

Recent Posts

Disclaimer

Articles written in this blog, unless otherwise sourced, is the sole opinion of the writer and does not carry nor imply the opinion of the Entire order of Carmel, the Vatican nor the Universal Church. With this, all my personal writings, I hereby subject to correction by the teaching Authority of the Catholic Church, the keeper and Authority on Divine Revelations.

The Bread of Life Catholic Webring