Just recently, the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, with Pope Francis' approval has issued series of decrees recognizing one Spanish Martyr and eight others with heroic virtues.
One of those who were recognized with a Heroic Virue is a professed Spanish priest of the Order of Discalced Carmelites, Zacarias of St. Teresa (1887-1957).
With this proclamation, the eight with a recognized Heroic Virtue would require a confirmed miracle through their intercession for them to qualify for beatification.
- Servant of God Pietro Asua Mendia, Spanish diocesan priest, killed in hatred of the faith in Liendo, Spain in 1936.
- Servant of God Giuseppe Girelli, Italian diocesan priest (1886-1978).
- Servant of God Marcelle Mallet, Canadian foundress of the Sisters of Charity of Quebec (1805-1871).
- Servant of God Maria Benita Arias, Argentine foundress of the Servants of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament (1822-1894).
- Servant of God Margerita De Brincat, Maltese foundress of the Franciscan Sisters of the Heart of Jesus (1862-1952).
- Servant of God Seraphine (nee Noemy Cinque), Brazilian professed nun of the Congregation of Adorers of the Blood of Christ (1913-1988).
- Servant of God Elisabetta Sanna, Italian laywoman and professed Tertiary of the Order of Minims of St. Francis (1788-1857).
VIS - Vatican Information Service